2017 Local Grant Program – Nomination Form
Jewelers for Children is once again holding the Local Grant Program, a Facebook based voting campaign that will allow 10 local charities to win a $ 5,000 grant.
To nominate a local charity, fill out the form below and we’ll get the approval process started. Once your charity has been officially accepted, JFC will send you a zip file of the collateral materials you can easily customize with your store information and charity’s name to generate local interest and voting.
NOTE: To be eligible in the voting process, a charity must:
• Be a 501 (c) (3) public charity on or before December 31, 2016.
• Submit a copy of their IRS Form 990.
• Submit audited financials for the most recent fiscal year.
• Submit a .jpg version of their logo.
• Have a mission that is primarily directed towards helping children 18 years of age or younger.
• Not be religious or politically focused.
• Not be a chapter of any of the charities Jewelers for Children currently supports.
• Not be an educational institution.
• Not promote or engage in any illegal activity.
• Not promote hate in any way against any group.
• Not promote or engage in discrimination of any kind.
Before nominating a local charity, please contact the organization and explain the process. Then ask them to send their 990 form, financials and IRS determination letter to JFC before the
end of the nomination period on October 30, 2017. Nominations will be accepted between October 10th and October 30th, 2017.
PUBLIC VOTING WILL TAKE PLACE NOVEMBER 6, THROUGH NOVEMBER 17, 2017
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED NOVEMBER 24, 2017 AND GRANTS AWARDED BEFORE DECEMBER 31, 2017.
Click on the red link below for the form: 2017 Form
HJA has agreed to be a supporting organization. Your support is appreciated in our effort to lessen the burden of our fellow jewelers who may have a long road of recovery ahead with their businesses and families. All funds raised will be dispersed directly to independent jewelry stores in the U.S. and it’s territories.
If you or a jeweler you know is in the impact area of a natural disaster, our hearts go out to you. To help us begin to compile a list of jewelers in need, business owners interested in receiving support from this Fund should click here to submit a few details.
Contributions to qualified 501(c)(3) organizations may be deductible as charitable contributions on a donor's federal income tax return. Donations will be made to Diamond Council of America a 501(c)(3), who will disperse 100% of the funds raised directly to independent jewelry stores within an impact zone.
HJA Gift Certificates are available to
charities for fundraising events
Early Bird enrollment is available as of October 1, 2017 till November 30, 2017!
Mark your Calendar for our Annual Banquet & Design Competition on Saturday, April 28, 2018
Do you create artistic jewelry pieces? Enter your art work in our Annual Banquet and Design Contest! This annual event is locally & nationally recognized every year!
We would like to introduce our
~Upcoming Events Calendar~
- November 14, 2017 - Board of Directors Meeting
- January 9, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- February 13, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- March 13, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- April 10, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- April 28, 2018 Annual Banquet & Design Competition
- May 8, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- June 12, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- July 10, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
- August 14, 2018 - Board of Directors Meeting
Contact us for details
HJA Member Plaques are available for purchase
As a member of HJA, have you logged-in and explored the "Members Only" area? Access to this section is for the exclusive use of HJA members. If you are a member and need your login credentials, please contact us.
This section allows you access to:
- Security Alerts
- Minutes of Board Meetings
- Discounts to HJA Members & their employees
- Trade, Industry, and Education Information
You may also contact us to receive any of this information as a HJA member.
We are proud to offer Hawaii Jewelers Association t-shirts for sale!
Choose a Black or White color t-shirt in a V-Neck or Crew-neck style for $25.00 each. Availability in certain sizes are limited so act soon!
Hawaii Jewelers Association has been a proud affiliate with Jewelers for Children and will donate $5.00 from every T-shirt sale! Jewelers for Children mission is to help children in need and have donated more than $45 million to programs benefiting children whose lives have been affected by illness, abuse, or neglect through our charity partners St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®, the Make-A-Wish® America, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, and the National CASA Association. JFC also provides support to the Make-A-Wish® International and the Santa-America Fund. This nationwide success is due to the continuing generosity of jewelry trade organizations, jewelry and watch manufacturing companies, jewelry retail stores, individual jewelry professionals, and jewelry consumers.
Contact us with suggestions of other items that you would be interested in purchasing from Hawaii Jewelers Association.
As a responsible trade organization, Hawaii Jewelers Association does its utmost to adhere to strict business policies that enables clients to feel safe that they are purchasing from an esteemed jewel merchant in the Aloha State.
If you have anything to clarify, crime alerts, or are in need of a business referral, there are several options to contact us.
You may reach us on Social Media via Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram.
Additionally, we have our official e-mail address for people who have longer inquiries that can’t be properly addressed via the aforementioned resources. Rest assured, our support staff will try their best to provide the answer for your query.